GO TO http://s1.zetaboards.com/WeDoThis/index/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Toseland thread

4 posters

Go down

James Toseland thread Empty James Toseland thread

Post  The Fizz 52 Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:23 am

Phillip Island testing.

James Toseland thread 404767wq6

James Toseland thread 404750so5

James Toseland thread 404738yp7

James Toseland thread 404719cd2

James Toseland thread 404700ji3

James Toseland thread 404681uc0

James Toseland thread 404680us2

James Toseland thread 404664we0

James Toseland thread 404659pa1

James Toseland thread Guest600vk8
The Fizz 52
The Fizz 52

Back to top Go down

James Toseland thread Empty Re: James Toseland thread

Post  The Fizz 52 Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:24 am

Toseland matches Edwards, passes Vermeulen.

Wednesday, 30th January 2008

"I passed Chris Vermeulen going into the first corner turn which I was pretty proud of" - James Toseland.

James Toseland's first day at a familiar circuit brought almost instant results, as the 2008 MotoGP rookie took just four M1 laps of the Phillip Island racetrack to circulate within two seconds of the eventual end-of-day (race tyre) best, set by world champion Casey Stoner.

After a further 77 laps the Englishman, a former Phillip Island race winner in World Superbike, had charged to within 0.7secs of Stoner - placing him fifth overall at the end of day one, as he all-but-matched veteran team-mate Colin Edwards' (when also on race
tyres) and overtook MotoGP race winner Chris Vermeulen into the daunting first turn.

"The first few laps I was able to hit the exact same six inches of track and I got up to speed much quicker than I did in Sepang and Jerez," said Toseland, speaking after day one of three. "It was nice to be at the sharp end of the times and I didn't realise but track knowledge is even more important with these bikes to help things come together.

"When you can hit the same spot lap after lap without thinking about it then you can really concentrate on the bike set-up and that makes a big difference to help gradually improve," explained the reigning double WSBK champion. "I've got a slight problem with entry to the fast corners. Just as I tip in I get a bit of chatter from the front. I'm losing quite a lot of time because of that problem because they are in such fast parts of the track. I could make up quite a lot of time if it wasn't for that.

"I'll try a new setting tomorrow morning to try and help before I do a race simulation. But it's nice to be doing decent lap times with a few problems. And I actually passed somebody on the brakes for the first time ever in MotoGP. I passed Chris Vermeulen going into the first corner turn which I was pretty proud of," he declared.

Edwards set the overall fastest Wednesday lap time while using a Michelin qualifying tyre.

Source: http://www.crash.net/motorsport/motogp/news/159182-0/toseland_matches_edwards_passes_vermeulen.html
The Fizz 52
The Fizz 52

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fizz 52 Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:33 am

Moto GP Phillip Island test: Track knowledge boosts James Toseland.

By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

30 January 2008 12:28

James Toseland put his vast experience of the Phillip Island circuit to good use today with the British rider making an impressive start to his fourth winter test in Australia.

The Tech 3 Yamaha rider clocked the fifth best time to leave the likes of Marco Melandri, Loris Capirossi, home favourite Chris Vermeulen and 2006 world champion Nicky Hayden trailing behind him.

Toseland, who beat Troy Bayliss in the second World Superbike race in Phillip Island just over a year ago, was making his MotoGP debut at the spectacular Aussie venue. And he immediately found himself on the pace, dipping into the 1.32 bracket after just four laps.

He then reeled off a series of consistent times inside the 1.32 barrier, and clocked his best lap of 1.30.864 on the 49th lap of an 81-lap stint. His best lap was just 0.03s slower than team-mate Colin Edwards' best time on race tyres, with the American topping the timesheets having opted to run two Michelin qualifying tyres.

His best time was 0.7s slower than a dominant Casey Stoner, who was again untouchable in race trim as the Aussie bids to successfully defend his premier class crown in 2008.

Toseland's previous tests on the Tech 3 Yamaha YZR-M1 had come in Sepang and Jerez tracks at which the 27-year-old has little or no previous experience.

Coming to Phillip Island gave him the perfect chance to gauge his progress and after evaluating new Michelin tyres and an updated electronics package from Yamaha.

Toseland said: "The first few laps I was able to hit the exact same six inches of track and I got up to speed much quicker than I did in Sepang and Jerez. It was nice to be at the sharp end of the times.

"I didn't realise but track knowledge is even more important with these bikes to help things come together. When you can hit the same spot lap after lap without thinking about it then you can really concentrate on the bike set-up and that makes a big difference to help gradually improve.

"I've got a slight problem with entry to the fast corners. Just as I tip in I get a bit of chatter from the front. I'm losing quite a lot of time because of that problem because they are in such fast parts of the track. I could make up quite a lot of time if it wasn't for that.

I'll try a new setting tomorrow morning to try and help before I do a race simulation. But it's nice to be doing decent lap times with a few problems. And I actually passed somebody on the brakes for the first time ever in MotoGP. I passed Chris Vermeulen going into the first corner turn which I was pretty proud of."

Source: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/mcn/2008/January/28-31/jan3008jamestoselandphillipisland/?R=EPI-98308
The Fizz 52
The Fizz 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark_Night Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:01 am

Nice feed.

I love the bike of his.
Dark_Night
Dark_Night
Admin
Admin

https://wedothis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fizz 52 Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:07 am

While I love the helmet design of James Toseland. He is wearing the helmet with true English colours on it. I hope he keeps the helmet design for the rest of Moto GP season.
The Fizz 52
The Fizz 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark_Night Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:21 am

Ah yes the helmet i didn't take much notice but its looking good.

Hows the British doing in teh league tables?
Dark_Night
Dark_Night
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fizz 52 Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:07 pm

We only have one British rider in Moto GP this season and that man is James Toseland. I think he has done really well considering the chatter problems he has still got.
The Fizz 52
The Fizz 52

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fizz 52 Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:20 pm

Exclusive videos of James Toseland testing at Phillip Island.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KDpoZR2Y9Nc

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlwn9oSb5fE
The Fizz 52
The Fizz 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullseye Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:34 pm

wow whwo took those pictures

they are made very proffesionaly ^^

Bullseye
Graphic Moderator
Graphic Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fizz 52 Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:27 pm

You can get them from special sites that host pictures. I even seen some with football pics but the ones I do are mainly Bike and Car racing related picture websites. Yeah some of them are good shots aren't they?
The Fizz 52
The Fizz 52

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fizz 52 Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:18 am

James Toseland thread 404802yq3

James Toseland thread 404813nz8

James Toseland thread 404814hs8

James Toseland thread 404816mv0

James Toseland thread 404817ua4

James Toseland thread 404874mx0

James Toseland thread 404882ua9

James Toseland thread 404902td1

James Toseland thread 404910kf8

James Toseland thread 404884fc8

James Toseland thread 404888ou1

James Toseland thread 404900ni8
The Fizz 52
The Fizz 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullseye Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:04 am

I love this one
James Toseland thread 404664we0

Bullseye
Graphic Moderator
Graphic Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fizz 52 Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:02 am

Ah I knew that you like bikes. Are you into bike racing as well as the bikes themselves?
The Fizz 52
The Fizz 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark_Night Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:16 am

I like bikes too i think they look awsome. But im not into Bike racing.

Im quiet sure Bull feels the same but lets see what he says Cool
Dark_Night
Dark_Night
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fizz 52 Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:53 am

MotoGP Phillip Island test: James Toseland gains first rain experience

By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

31 January 2008 13:07

James Toseland got his first taste of riding Yamaha's YZR-M1 in rain conditions on a weather-hit second day of testing in Phillip Island.

The 27-year-old posted a best time of 1.43.719 on a dismal second morning as the British rider completed 21 laps in heavy rain showers. That was the 11th best time in the wet, with Casey Stoner dominant with an impressive lap of 1.39.800.

The morning rain quickly gave way to bright and sunny skies after the lunch break, but track conditions had deteriorated considerably, with lap times not helped by a gusting wind and low track temperatures.

The weather disruption forced Toseland to abandon plans to complete a full 27-lap race simulation, which he now plans to undertake tomorrow, with the forecast for much better conditions on the last day.

On a dry but slippery track this afternoon, Toseland completed another 34 laps and clocked a best time of 1.31.451. With conditions much less favourable for fast lap times than on the first day, Toseland was 0.6s off his best pace from yesterday. His time was the sixth best today.

The double World Superbike champion said: "It was important to try the bike in the wet for the first time and I got to grips with it quickly. Luckily I did a lot of wet tyre testing for Michelin last year at the Suzuka Eight-hour.

"I had five days of testing and three-and-a-half days were completely wet and I got a bit of time on the Michelin wets so I got a pretty good feeling pretty quickly.

"The electronics work very well and I had a lot of grip. The track was really dirty once it had dried. I don't know whether the rain brought some sand with it but the track was really slippery. I went out and couldn't break a 1.35 and it was completely dry.

"I got back down to some decent times but the conditions were still not as good as yesterday. There was just no drive grip exiting corners, so it was more difficult to make a lap time.

"Quite slow corners lead onto the fast straight sections on this track and if you can't get good grip on the exit, you can't carry momentum on the straight and that can cost a lot of time. It also got quite windy in the afternoon and that makes it difficult as well. I got some good experience of riding in the rain, and hopefully it will be dry tomorrow so I can try a full race simulation."

Source: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/videos/2008/january/jan3108toselandgetsfirstwetmotogpexperience/?&R=EPI-98329
The Fizz 52
The Fizz 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullseye Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:52 pm

Dark_Night wrote:I like bikes too i think they look awsome. But im not into Bike racing.

Im quiet sure Bull feels the same but lets see what he says Cool

what he said

Bullseye
Graphic Moderator
Graphic Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  thirdstreettito Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:01 pm

Moto racing is awesome.
thirdstreettito
thirdstreettito
Graphic Moderator
Graphic Moderator

http://thirdstreettito.googlepages.com/home

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fizz 52 Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:52 pm

That's for dam sure that it's awesome.

James Toseland thread 405099fl2

James Toseland thread 405123gh7

James Toseland thread 405146fq8

James Toseland thread 405154iq4

James Toseland thread 405180op3
The Fizz 52
The Fizz 52

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fizz 52 Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:54 pm

This is the best news I have heard in a long time. Fantastic result from our only British rider in Moto GP. Check this news out. I was in tears of happiness when I came home and found out where this rider was. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Razz Razz Razz Razz cheers cheers cheers cheers

Toseland third!
Friday, 1st February 2008

James Toseland forced his new MotoGP rivals to sit up and take notice after charging to third position on the final day of testing at Phillip Island.

The reigning double World Superbike champion's previous three MotoGP tests have been at Sepang, Jerez and then Sepang again - but, unlike those circuits, which are MotoGP only, Phillip Island is also on the WSBK schedule and was the scene of a thrilling race two Toseland victory over home hero Troy Bayliss in early 2007.

Toseland had been looking forward to the Australian trip for just such reasons, but even he could barely have expected to be so competitive. The #52 took just four laps to get down to a reasonable race pace, and was ranked fifth and sixth out of the 14 riders present during the first two days.

Significantly, with his racing line already established, James could concentrate fully on moulding his M1 to suit his style - and excelled during a final day qualifying attack, when he lapped just 0.020secs behind 2006 world champion Nicky Hayden and 0.977secs from 2007 world champion Casey Stoner's awesome soft tyre best.

"I'm really happy. I was always looking forward to coming here with my track knowledge and its nice to see the difference where I stand in the order with that experience," smiled James. "To be at the sharp end of the times and see my name up there has put a bigger smile on my face. Most importantly it earns respect from everyone concerned with MotoGP.

"Knowing the track, I can be on the same line each lap and that's helped me relay my feedback on the bike a lot more precisely to my team. On other tracks I've been finding my way round as well as trying to make a lap time," he added.

Toseland also gained more crucial experience by completing his first full race simulation. The #52 lapped consistently in the 1min 31secs bracket during his 27-lap run, as he assessed new front and rear suspension settings and a revised electronics set-up in full race conditions.

His best lap on race tyres today was a 1min 31.012secs, just 0.2secs slower than fellow M1 rider Valentino Rossi's fastest lap during last October's race.

"I was happy with my pace in the race simulation but those extra five or six laps over what I've been used to in Superbike were a bit strange," he admitted. "My body just isn't used to that distance but I felt good and wasn't too tired at the end. It is all good experience and it's all coming together nicely.

"I will sleep well tonight on the plane after this performance. Even one of my mechanics said that it is so good to see an English rider at that end of the timesheets rather than at the other end. And the best thing is I can only get faster and stronger.

"I'm still waiting for some new parts from Yamaha, so there is still plenty of room for improvement, also from Michelin. Everybody is working hard and I'm riding on a wave at the moment," concluded Toseland.

Team-mate Colin Edwards was a fraction slower than Toseland, in fifth, leaving JiR Team Scot rookie Andrea Dovizioso sandwiched between the two Yamaha Tech 3 riders.

Source: http://www.crash.net/motorsport/motogp/news/159243-1/toseland_third.html

See that is a brilliant result from our fellow British rider that is James Toseland. Get in there James. I am sure that we will see you get up the podium and I am hoping that it is either Donington or Brno or even both since I am going to be at those tracks. Go James. Roll on Jerez testing.
The Fizz 52
The Fizz 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark_Night Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:34 pm

Rain affects the race a little correct?

They just change tyres Razz
Dark_Night
Dark_Night
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fizz 52 Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:28 pm

Yes it does affect the bikes and cars for that matter a whole lot but it depends how well the driver and rider can go in wet conditions. I bet people have been waiting for pictures of James from testing yesterday? Sorry all. I was too busy celebrating on other forums for James Toseland. He sound god dam happy as I am too.
The Fizz 52
The Fizz 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark_Night Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:24 am

Hehe!

Go GreatBritain!
Dark_Night
Dark_Night
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fizz 52 Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:02 pm

Not only am I going to just post news, interviews and pictures. I am going to post videos on both Jenson, James and another rider too that I start a thread on soon when he is testing or racing next.

From bennetts.co.uk

“It’s fantastic to see James doing so well at such an early stage,” says Bennetts’ Marketing Director Mark Fells. “There’s a really high level of support for him in the UK, so from the next test in Jerez we’ll be producing an exclusive behind-the-scenes video diary with James for our website – bennetts.co.uk. Visitors will see James’s post race reactions and hear his personal views on his progress through the season, which after his brilliant performance in Australia, should make for great viewing!”

I will post the video for sure when they put it up. Jenson does a slimler thing on his website.
The Fizz 52
The Fizz 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down